Senior QA Manager
Senior QA Manager
Salary: £30,000 Per annum
Tuna Retail Sales Ltd was established in 2001 and has been servicing the retail / wholesale and food-service sectors since. James Weerawardena, the owner / Managing Director and Ollivia Remond, the company's QA Director, have been working in this field for the past 20 years and are highly experienced in dealing with all varieties of fish and seafood and supplying to the European, American and Japanese markets.
Our products are responsibly sourced from local artisan fishermen all over the world. Each catch carries a unique identification that enables full traceability from end customer back to boats.
Responsibilities Required of the Senior QA Manager:
- Maintain BRC grade A at all time
- be the Haccp team leader
- Create and maintain/review HACCP's throughout the year
- Create and review procedures, work instructions and risk assessment
- Train staff and ensure system is follow at all time
- Audit internally throughout the year the all quality assurance system according to plan set up
- Audit externally raw material and packaging suppliers
- Ensure Customer's requirement is followed at all time (i.e Morrison Mcreate library)
- Set up specification and ensure that specifications are up to date at all time with customers (i.e Morrison Mcreate specification)
- Ensure company is always up to UK legislation standard and customer's legislation i.e Italy
- Ensure factory standard is kept at all time
- Ensure product are received, produced and despatched to a safe and up to specification standard
- Conduct all audits i.e BRC and unannounced inspections from customer or 3rd party
- Request and maintain sustainability system
- Conduct internal laboratory test i.e histamine
- Send on time external laboratory test
- Conduct trends i.e customer complaint, supplier rejection, internal and external laboratory
- Deal with customer and supplier complaint
- Create, review and conduct health and safety system and ensure staff follow procedures
- Assist the NPD program in terms of shelf life study, nutrition analysis, new packaging and raw material set up etc.
- Conduct experiment for new process
Essential Requirements to become the Senior QA Manager:
- Minimum 3 years experience at senior level
- Science degree required
- Work experience within seafood industry preferable, if not it is essential that you have worked directly with a major supermarket
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Senior QA Manager role, then please apply now!