Delivery Director / Operations Director - Rail Services
Job Title: Delivery Director
Salary: Dependent on Experience
The Rail Systems Division is an integral part of the company's seamless delivery of rail centric services to their clients. We have a major role in delivering projects for Network Rail and light rail systems throughout the UK and are now looking for a number of dynamic and proactive individuals to join the growing team. The company forms part of the Midland Metro Alliance (MMA) which is a 10 year Alliance that will be delivering a £1Bn programme of tram enhancements to the West Midlands.
As Delivery Director you will manage and lead the Delivery Team, and to be an active member of the management team to collectively deliver the overall business plan with specific focus on safely delivering the construction and testing and commissioning into passenger service of the programme. This includes (but is not limited to) Sustainability, Buildability and ensuring consistency and efficiency of construction approach across all of the projects.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the Delivery Team demonstrating the values and behaviours through all aspects of one's own day to day behaviours, and using the core principles as the basis for all decision making.
- Create the culture necessary to achieve exceptional results in delivery by contributing to the development and implementation of the strategy and schedule for embedding and managing behaviour and relationships and monitor the impact of the strategy against the KRA performance.
- Direct and control the Delivery Team work and resources, establishing the culture of the project and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff (including appropriate succession planning and resilience) to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Contribute to the annual business plan and monitor progress against the plan to ensure that the delivery team contributes towards attaining its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
Qualifications and experience required
- Member of professional body.
- Delivering Light Rail / Highways Construction in city centre locations (including Utilities and Traffic Management).
- Managing a multi-disciplinary senior team.
- Delivering strategic transport network construction including commissioning and handover into service.
The company values and encourages diversity in their workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of their aim to deliver quality services, they are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Technical Services Director, Operations Director, Delivery Director, Project Director, Head of Delivery, Rail Services Director, Construction Director, Engineering Director, Director, Senior Director, will also be considered for this role.