Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 Negotiable
Normal working week of 40 hours including 30 min unpaid break. Hours are flexible and to meet the needs of the business.
Brookmans Park Golf Club, a well-respected private members club, is seeking an Enthusiastic and Passionate Sous Chef to join our Team. The club is progressing with exciting plans to develop and upgrade the existing facilities on the site and in particular a brand new hospitality facility offering a new restaurant, bar and private dining room.
As Sous Chef you will work closely with the Head Chef and Management Team to produce and deliver first class diverse menu’s ranging from bar snacks to fine dining evenings.
Full support will be given for mutually beneficial ongoing training and development.
Sous Chef Role:
The provision of high, consistent standards of catering to the club. To manage kitchen assistants and act as deputy for Head Chef. Member of Catering and Hospitality Team.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Preparation and provision of high quality food for all customers, members and visitors.
- With the Head Chef prepare and maintain all Menu’s, amending for seasonal variation and to meet the needs of the customer.
- Recognize staff training needs and with Head Chef prepare and deliver staff training and procedures for all tasks ensuring adequate support is available for staff to ensure a quality service is always offered.
- Promote, and execute events to the requirements of the client, be it club or external, in conjunction with the Hospitality Manager
- Ensure the Kitchen and all facilities are maintained in a clean and presentable fashion at all times, working with the maintenance and support team.
- Prepare stock and other requirements for the halfway hut to ensure it meets the high standards required by the Membership and our Guests, ensuring the supply of all stock and cleanliness.
- Ensure that Statutory regulations are understood and adhered to
Specific Sous Chef Duties:
- Deputise for Head Chef when necessary.
- Open and Close the kitchen area and ensure area clean and tidy after each shift, including Halfway Hut.
- Preparation of food for sale.
- Advised Head Chef of any maintenance issues or equipment repairs required.
- To ensure you and your staff are presentable at all times and wear agreed attire.
- To obtain and maintain all such statutory qualifications and training for themselves and staff as may be required relating to the job role.
- Deliver catering for social events at the club as well as external functions to a high standard as required by our guests.
- Ensure all dry & refrigerated food stocks are rotated.
- Ensure all records are completed in relation to food safety, health and safety
NB. The above list is not exhaustive or exclusive and the Employee may be expected to undertake other work commensurate with the nature of the position within the Company at the reasonable request of the Company.
As a Sous Chef you will ideally have/be:
- Passionate about providing first class food consistently
- Desire to gain further qualifications with support of club
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to manage and motivate staff and create a good team atmosphere
- Customer centric attitude at all times
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Good communication skills.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Hold a desire to deliver high standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
In addition to a competitive salary:
- 20 days holiday per annum, increasing to 25 for time served, plus bank/public holidays. Up to half of your holiday entitlement can be used between April 1st and October 1st by arrangement. Some no holiday periods will apply.
- Provision of uniform and all personal protective Equipment required.
- Contributory Pension Scheme, matched up to 3%
- Training as required to the mutual benefit of the club and employee as well as both funding and support for any relevant future training and qualifications by agreement
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Sous Chef role, then please apply now!
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly