Report to: Design Plant Manager
• Mon-Fri x3 8hr shifts, 6-2, 10-6, 2-10
• Achieving Shift production plan on time and on schedule
• Ensuring all product is transferred to the receipt area on a timely basis.
• Identify & participate in training requirements and development needs within the team.
• Identify, lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives, assisting the team to ensure that best practice is embraced and rolled out
• Maximise efficiency of the manufacturing and packaging floors, ensuring that labour is correctly and efficiently managed throughout the shift.
• Ensure that waste is kept to a minimum.
• Ensure compliance with all environmental, Health and safety regulations and agreed Quality standards.
• Prepare shift reports and communicate performance KPI’s to management and team as well as departmental communications, team briefs, etc.
• Managing team leaders and Operatives to ensure KPIs are achieved and exceeded
• Maximising performance, quality, material and labour utilisation, costs and savings
• Develop an environment of Continuous Improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
• A strong manufacturing, engineering or quality background.
• A proven track record in driving process and procedural change.
• A structured and disciplined approached to problem solving.
• Previous management experience.
• A genuine desire to challenge ‘the norm’, being key driver for necessary improvements.