- Flexible Hours
Allendale Residential Care
Allendale Residential have a number of opportunities available for Support Workers to join our company working in a 5 bedded bungalow. We are currently recruiting for Support Worker
Allendale is person-centred and has a clear aim to enhance the functioning, ability and quality of life for the individuals who attend. Aiming to improve and promote Quality of life, independence. Facilitate friendships and provide social contact and stimuli.
Support Worker Post
Job main responsibilities
- Support and assist individuals in our care with independent living skills and activities.
- Personal Care
- Internal/External Activities which may include escorting individuals in the vehicle and within the community.
- Ensuring the environment remains safe and clean.
- To support the development of the activities and the daily living skills of individuals.
- Assist individuals in our care who may have limited mobility or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided
- Support individual's with meal times, drinks and washing up when required
- Understand and ensure implementation of Care Plans
- Ensure that information is documented and reported to the Manager, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Supporting individuals with getting ready in the morning, and ready for bed at night.
This list is not exhaustive.
Undertake other duties as required by Senior Management.
Successful Applicants will have:
•Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act
•Awareness of learning disability's
•Communication Skills - including report writing.
•Able to use and work on own initiative.
•Able to contribute to the planning of care.
•Good interpersonal skills
•Experience in working in a Caring environment is preferable.