Pupil Support Assistant - Fraserburgh CSN
2 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have knowledge and experience of children and young people and are interested in pursuing a career working in an educational environment. You have a mature approach to emotionally demanding work, can use your own initiative and have the ability to respect confidentiality. Experience of working with children and/or young people with additional support needs is desirable as is the ability to communicate effectively with children who have a range of learning difficulties.
Candidates will be expected to have academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills.
Assist teachers in promoting achievement and raising the standards of pupil attainment and provide general support in relation to the needs of the class and individuals’ care, health and wellbeing and safety; to ensure a secure and safe environment.
There is a requirement to be flexible in school location within the cluster, according to individual circumstances and work with a range of pupils from P1 – S6.
This is a post within the Fraserburgh CSN with the hours currently allocated to South Park School.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. This must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to: Carol Irvin - 01346 518 586
Activities listed are all part of the range of tasks expected of this post but it is not envisaged that each Pupil Support Assistant will do all of the tasks all of the time.
Care Health Wellbeing & Safety of Pupils
• Build good and trusting relationships with pupils and adhere to child protection and equalities legislation.
• Supervision of pupils in and outwith school premises during learning times, intervals and lunchtimes.
• Assist teaching staff in the support and supervision of pupils within class and on visits to ensure safety.
• Attend to the personal needs of pupils and assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and hygienic environment.
• Provide support for pupils with specific health or medical necessities for which the post holder is trained and subject to Aberdeenshire policies and practices
• Provide first aid as required to pupils and staff.
• Encourage pupil independence and assist pupils with toileting, dressing, undressing, physical movement into or out of aids or other physical involvement as required e.g. pupils transferring to and from vehicles, use of stairs/lifts/hoists.
• Take specific responsibilities, subject to training, in agreed and planned procedures for emergencies e.g. school evacuation.
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Pupil Support Assistant 2012-10-11.pdf