SCET Locum Social Worker, West Lothian Civic Centre (384.38) C/D 30/10/16 INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
3 days left
- Full Time
1hr + - Supply , + 30% unsocial hours shift allowance
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
SCET provides a generic social work service on an emergency basis out of hours. Sources of referral include: - Police, Housing Authorities, Voluntary Organizations, other Local Authorities, members of Community Services and members of the public, whether already in receipt of a Social Work Service or not.
Service priorities include child and adult protection, statutory mental health assessment and family and care breakdown. SCET also manages the West Lothian Dom Care Service out of hours and provides the Appropriate Adult Service out of hours
We are currently recruiting to our Locum bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a locum bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required. Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
Unsocial hours shift work is integral to the post.
Purpose of the job
- To provide a professional social work service to all service users of West Lothian Council out-of-hours.
- To provide a statutory assessment service in cases of child protection, adult protection (acting as Council Officer) and Mental Health Officer.
- To meet the statutory responsibilities of West Lothian council under various Acts of Parliament.
- To provide Social Work advice and counsel to all those persons in need, covering the full range of services offered by the Social Work Services.
- To provide appropriate advice, counsel and support to all sections of Social Work Service which operate outside normal office hours, including foster parents, residential staff and others.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Degree in Social Work, DipSW or approved equivalent.
- Video Recorded Interview Training
- Working knowledge of current child care and adult care legislation and national guidance.
- Practice team and or out of hours social work team experience.
- Child Protection Certificate. (desirable)
- Mental Health Officer Accreditation (desirable)
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
387.32 - SCET Locum Social Worker.pdf