Spa Manager - Ascot, Berkshire
Come and work at the stunning Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot.This beautiful four-star hotel near Windsor is recruiting for an experienced Spa Manager to join their expanding team.
Immediate start for successful candidate. Offering a fabulous work environment and ongoing career opportunities this is an exciting role for a self motivated ambitious individual!
Their Vital Spa and leisure club includes 6 treatment rooms, 2 nail bars, a thermal suite and technogym.
Offering an exclusive range of spa treatments using Elemis and Jessica products the main responsibilities of the role will be to prescribe and sell retail products to all their clients.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Spa Manager is responsible for managing a team of therapists to deliver per agreed treatment and retail revenue and profit targets. They are also responsible for recruiting inducting and training the
team to ensure that the spa delivers target service levels.
Generic Key Accountabilities
1. A safe, secure and hygienic environment for customers,staff and visitors to be maintained
2. All equipment to be operated in line with trained instructions.
3. Equipment and premises to be maintained in a clean, working condition.
4. Personal protective equipment to be worn / used in line with company guidelines.
5. Opportunities to be taken to promote products to our customers at every opportunity.
6. Prompt response to be given to the service needs of, and feelings expressed by customers.
7. Customer satisfaction to be checked during customer’s visit to department.
8. Accurate payments to be dealt with in accordance with the Hotel’s standards and the company’s cash handling procedures.
9. All visitors to be warmly received and their needs anticipated in an appropriate manner.
10. To participate fully in reviews and meetings.
11. Positive working relationships to be established and maintained with colleagues throughout the hotel.
12. Company Handbook to be abided by, and employees to be aware of any changes made.
13. Commitment to be displayed to training through participation, and sign off of training records, and
application of learning in the workplace.
14. Full compliance and commitment to Spa standard operating procedures and core standards.
15. Any other reasonable request made by a manager of the company.
Job Specific Accountabilities
1. The Spa Manager must be able to lead by example; to be able to show therapists how to demonstrate all aspects of the spa customer journey and crucially to be the expert trainer of all treatments on site.
2. To manage the day-to-day operation of the Spa and report a business update to management on a weekly basis via the spa KPI reports.
3. Attend the monthly spa conference call to feedback spa activity and best practice.
4. To organise rotas in line with demand to ensure zero ‘turnaway’ rates and maximum revenue.
5. To ensure all open/close procedures conform to the company standard procedures.
6. To maintain a visual presence within the spa and deal with guest/ resident queries.
7. To ensure daily cleaning tasks are performed by spa staff according to standard procedures.
8. To ensure all notices/ signs/ display material conforms to the Spa standards.
9. To be responsible for the recruitment, training, development and management of the spa team.
10. To carry out an annual performance review with each therapist and to set development objectives accordingly.
11. To set daily, weekly and monthly targets for all members of the team in order to achieve financial and KPI targets set.
12. To manage the ordering and stock control of the products and to carry out a monthly stock check for both retail and salon stock.
13. To carry out special projects as required by the Hotel General Manager or MD of Leisure & Spa.
14. To ensure all health and safety practices are being observed within the Spa.
15. To have regular meetings with all members of the spa team and manage all personnel issues including performance management.
16. To proactively resolve customer queries to the satisfaction of the customer.
17. Review the spa diary on a daily basis to ensure effective yield management. React to any business down turn with appropriate promotions.
18. Produce a monthly sales plan and execute special promotions to maximise daily revenue.
19. Update company and third party websites on a monthly basis.
20. Meet with the Decleor rep once per month to discuss retail sales, promotions and training.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Achieve budgeted spa treatment & retail sales.
2. To control costs, expenses and payroll in line with Budget.
3. To achieve the company occupancy target.
4. To achieve the company yield per treatment room target.
5. To achieve the company retail conversion target.
Here are some of the fantastic benefits that you would be entitled to if you join Macdonald Hotels. Full details are provided during Company Pride Induction Programme:
- Discounted accommodation rates (£20 B&B for staff members and £50 for friends and family)
- Food and Beverage Discount - 25% off total lunch or dinner bills
- 28 days holiday entitlement including Bank Holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Pension Scheme - Contributory Group Personal Pension Plan
- Tailored Uniforms
- Meals on duty (where applicable)
- Flexible working hours
- Free car parking
- Discounted employee rates of 25% for Spa Treatments and Elemis Products
Please apply with CV as soon as possible.
Apply for Spa Manager - Ascot, Berkshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly