Regional Distribution Centre Team Leader
This is an outstanding opportunity to join Lyreco, one of the largest workplace solutions companies in the world. We are seeking a Regional Distribution Centre Team Leader to join our team based from our Regional Distribution Centre in Leeds.
As our Regional Distribution Centre Team Leader you will carry out driving duties and ensure deliveries are met in line with our service guarantees. To supervise team effectively and to provide relief cover for holiday, sickness or training at an RDC; ensuring a reliable customer delivery service. The role reports into the Deputy Supervisor.
Responsibilities of a Regional Distribution Centre Team Leader include:
- To deliver allocated deliveries in a safe and efficient manner while showing respect for other road users and employing excellent customer facing skills.
- Supervisory responsibilities for Drivers from grades 1-3.
- Random vehicle checks making sure that items are loaded correctly and undertake weekly vehicle checks for damage, wear and tear. Report any mechanical faults, GV9 offences or accidents at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care are being met through the team.
- Liaise with both Sales and Head Office staff to ensure that customers receive the highest level of service at all times.
- To complete and carry out staff appraisals.
- Train new drivers and give constructive feedback on their progress.
- Load and unload trunkers where applicable. Deliver orders, which may be furniture or GOP, to the customer and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assisting with the daily running of the RDC , which includes opening and lock up procedures, preparation of daily reports, e-mail etc.
- The unloading / breakdown of pallets and sorting goods and delivery notes into route order as required.
- To assess the work load of other drivers and to ensure vehicle weights are within correct limits.
- Checking that PODs are completed, signed and dated and that the numbers are in line with the delivery notes issued.
- To advise customers as to the correct procedure for returning goods where appropriate and collect goods for return.
- To observe all legislative and company requirements relating to the driving of vehicles and health and safety at work.
- Occasional requirement for overnight stays.
Knowledge, skills and attribute's required to become our Regional Distribution Centre Team Leader:
- This job role requires regular contact with the company’s customer base. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to assess the suitability of job applicants during job interviews.
- Basic knowledge of Highway Code and regulations relating to the operation of delivery vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of furniture assembly where applicable.
- Basic working knowledge of tachographs and EU regulations relating to the working time directive.
- Possession of a current driving licence and tachograph card - category C1 driving entitlement essential.
- Possession of a current FLT licence where applicable or willing to train.
- Must be willing and able to deliver boxes in the region of 25kg in weight and distribute as required by the customer including completing multi floor delivery points.
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Regional Distribution Centre Team Leader, please click apply today.