Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Due to continued growth in the business, we are currently looking for motivated candidates to join our dedicated Accounts team at our UK HQ in Chadderton, Greater Manchester as Purchase Ledger Supervisor.
Ultimate Products Ltd is currently experiencing fantastic success off the back of our branded strategy and has seen turnover rise from £50m to £80m in just 2 years. The forecasted figures show continual increases that are likely to exceed our £100m turnover target in less than 2 years time. As a result the Company is currently on a massive recruitment drive to expand its core departments and support the upcoming business expansion.
With a focus on branded products across 12 different consumer categories, including Housewares, Electrical SDA and Audio, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our brand portfolio includes heritage brands such as Beldray and Progress as well as established brands including Russell Hobbs, Salter, Intempo, Disney & Constellation.
As Purchase Ledger Supervisor you will ensure the effective supervision of the Purchase Ledger team, taking responsibility for the smooth running of the Purchase Ledger. You will be responsible for ensuring the ledger is promptly and accurately maintained and that potential issues are challenged promptly and escalated where necessary.
- To accurately add all factory deposits onto the purchase ledger, ensuring that any deposits made are still valid for orders and escalating those requiring refunds to the relevant member of the Merchandising team.
- To raise and process all payments as required ensuring that they are accurate, made within UPGS timescales, and that any unusual payments are challenged and promptly escalated.
- To pay all approved expenses in line with the Company Travel & Expenses policy ensuring that the procedure is followed and that any unusual, mismatching or missing receipts are challenged promptly and escalated where necessary.
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record for all credit card payments and expenses claims on the Purchase Ledger.
- To ensure that the ledger is accurate and tidy at all times through timely allocations and resolution of supplier queries.
- To highlight all anomalies within the exception reports for expenses and NSPOs for all UPGS offices, ensuring that they are investigated, challenged and escalated appropriately.
- To manage the payment process and review proposed payment runs, amending and finalising as authorised.
- Support the team generally with transaction processing to ensure that the ledger is kept up to date and accurate.
- Provide banking and reconciliations support during absences and as required to ensure all transactions are promptly and accurately processed in time for month end.
- Promptly process transactions for the Company’s brand in China, including bank and expenses.
We look for self-motivated and reliable candidates:
- Educated to A-level or equivalent and hold a minimum of 5 GCSE qualifications including English and Mathematics.
- Degree in a relevant accountancy subject is desirable but not essential
- Excellent IT skills and must be able to demonstrate experience of using Excel and databases at an intermediate level.
- Experience of using a Sage system within an accounting area is desirable but not essential.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and have necessary documentation
Fit our criteria? Apply now!
At Ultimate we strive for success in everything we do and not only meet our customers’ expectations but exceed them. Our continued success is down to the efforts of our dedicated team and we are always looking for new team members with an equal desire to succeed and progress their careers.
To apply for our roles, please get in touch at recruitment@ upgs.com or visit our website for our latest job vacancies. www.upgs.com
Apply for Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly