Do you pride yourself on being able to efficiently and effectively overcome challenges, have excellent communication skills and proven experience with PCV / HGV inspections? If so, and you’d relish the opportunity to be part of a well-established and rapidly growing business that prides itself on delivering the highest levels of service, then this Workshop Manager role is not to be missed!
Llew Jones International is an ambitious family run business based in Llanrwst, North Wales, operating a fleet of coaches for European tours on behalf of holiday tour companies, and in its own right for over 20 years. In addition, the company supports the local community by providing several local bus services whilst also catering for the various transport needs of the local schools and private customers. The company believes in ‘going the extra mile’ by providing a high quality service and in recent years has won substantial national and local contracts, enabling the creation of new roles.
As Workshop Manager you’ll take responsibility for managing the daily maintenance activities of the depot. You’ll oversee diagnosis and fault finding, supervision and development of a small team of workshop employees, and vehicle documentation recording. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out mechanical inspections and work, including fault finding and rectification
- Managing fleet maintenance activities and ensuring audits are undertaken
- Undertaking audits of “walk around” checks
- Ensuring vehicle defects are rectified effectively within budget target
- Keeping lost service and repeat faults to a minimum
- Managing the planned maintenance programme
- Maintaining agreed stock levels by ensuring parts are available and reordered
- Leading team meetings and managing matters relating to employee welfare, discipline, sickness and performance of the Workshop team.
- Ensuring maintenance documents are completed and records retained
- Identifying any training requirements and advising HR
- Implementing the Health and Safety policy
- Ensuring all plant is maintained in accordance with legislation
To be considered for this Workshop Manager role you MUST have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Proven experience in PCV / HGV maintenance, inspection and diagnosis
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead a small team
- Strong work ethic with a positive hands on and can do attitude
- Basic IT literacy for emails and to input data on Excel and documentation
- Flexibility towards tasks and hours
Previous experience within a workshop management role and use of diagnostic equipment would be advantageous, although not essential. A HND / HNC in Mechanical Engineering is also desirable.
You'll be part of a growing reputable business in a role where your efforts will be noticed and rewarded.
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum
Additional Benefits: On call bonus payment
Hours of Work: Full time, hours to be agreed within Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required for some Saturday work as required.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Llanrwst (Conwy County, North Wales)
This Workshop Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Llew Jones International. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Llew Jones International, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Llew Jones International requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
**Workshop, Manager, PCV, HGV, Maintenance, Automotive, Mechanical, Inspector, Engineer, HND, HNC, Llanrwst, Conwy, North Wales**