Grounds Team Supervisor / Groundskeeper / Caretaker
Job Title: Grounds Team Supervisor
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Hours: This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week; this will include Saturday work during term time.
The organisation manages the commercial activities of a range of high quality sport and leisure facilities linked with a leading independent day and boarding school for boys. They are currently looking for a Grounds Team Supervisor. The Grounds Person will ensure the playing surfaces and facilities are maintained to the required standard. The role is based mainly at a School with a requirement to work at any other site within the Foundation when necessary.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The continued care and upkeep of cricket squares
- The care of sports fields and amenity surfaces
- All aspects of line marking for sports fields
- Be competent in the use of tractors with various attachments
- Grass cutting machinery
- Basic upkeep and maintenance of mechanical machinery
- Keep all areas under responsibility to a high standard at all times including weed control and litter
- To assist other members of staff if needed in the care of grounds and gardens
- Assist other members of staff during inclement weather with gritting and clearance of ice and snow from roads and paths
- Flexible working hours will be required during term time to cater for sports events
- To attend training and staff meetings when applicable
- Experience of maintaining cricket squares
- Experience in line marking sports grounds
- A minimum of two years' experience in grounds maintenance
- Conscientious, reliable, flexible and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Full driving licence (maximum of 3 penalty points)
- Recognised qualification in grounds maintenance or relevant experience
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 would be an advantageous
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Values and respects the views and needs of children and young people
The salary for this role is £21,000 per annum. In addition to the School's auto-enrolment pension scheme there is a support staff pension scheme (money purchase) whereby the employee can contribute 6.4% and the School will contribute 14.1% of salary.
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the Job Pack and Application Form. Please be aware that our Client DOES NOT accept CVs. You must complete an application form to be considered for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Gardener, Commercial Gardener, Landscaping, Garden design, Garden maintenance, Landscaper, Tree Surgeon, Groundskeeper, Caretaker, Groundsman, Groundsperson, Groundswoman, Grounds Keeper may also be considered for this role.