Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor
Swale Heating have an exciting opportunity for a Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor to join us in the Heart of England with occasional work in Norfolk and Suffolk, working 45 hours a week from Monday to Friday and earning a competitive salary.
Swale Heating Limited was established in 1972 and are one of the largest, independently owned Heating Companies in the United Kingdom. We are proud to have acquired vast experience over the past 40 years and have become a leading specialist providing services to both Social Landlords and Private Residents.
We are looking to recruit a Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor to support our induction process, carry out audits on engineers and provide other technical training requirements. This is a key role, ensuring that our newly recruited field-based employees have a good understanding of Swale Heating systems and processes and are equipped in the latest technical updates.
Our Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Auditing Engineers and Technical Supervisors
- Induction – Technical training on company processes and use of tablet and operating systems, Gas, Health and Safety.
- Technical Training – Technical update training and Toolbox talks
- One to one coaching as required
The successful Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor will be integral in supporting the induction process, with there being a considerable amount of information for our new recruits to absorb in a short space of time. You will be passionate about training and coaching. You do not need to be a technical expert, but you do need to have a good understanding of the new systems and be able to pass on this knowledge to engineers. In addition, you need to be able to determine quickly the different learning styles of the new recruits and adapt your training accordingly.
You need to be a true ambassador of Swale Heating - you will be an excellent communicator ensuring you create positive relationships with all the field based staff so that they can approach you for support and advice and you will offer additional one to one coaching when this is necessary.
Skills and qualifications required by our Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor:
- Must hold current gas qualifications.
- A good command and understanding of Swale Heating systems and processes.
- A passion for training and coaching or the desire to move into this field.
- A personal desire to make Swale Heating a ‘Great Place to Work’
- To promote and support positive change so that Swale Heating is an ‘Employer of Choice’.
- Flexible to travel and stay away overnight if required.
- Keen to develop further into the role of Technical Training.
- Good basic understanding of computer systems and tablets.
- You will be expected to hold the full range of competencies required to carry out the necessary gas work for which you will be employed as well as to assist and advise new field based employees.
- Full UK driving licence.
Hours of work are 8:00am to 5:30pm [Monday to Friday] with breaks of 30 minutes each day. Average of 45 hours per week.
Swale Heating is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from every section of the community.
If you think you would make the perfect Gas Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor, then please click ‘apply’ today!