PSV Mechanical Fitter
PSV Mechanical Fitter
Do you pride yourself on being able to efficiently and effectively overcome challenges using your mechanical knowledge, and would relish the opportunity to be part of a professional team within the busy workshop of a well-established and rapidly growing business that prides itself on delivering the highest levels of service? If so, you’ll be pleased to hear that new roles have been created at Llew Jones in Llanrwst to support substantial business growth.
Llew Jones International is an ambitious family run business based in Llanrwst, North Wales, operating a fleet of coaches for European tours on behalf of holiday tour companies, and in its own right for over 20 years. In addition, the company supports the local community by providing several local bus services whilst also catering for the various transport needs of the local schools and private customers. Llew Jones operate a range of vehicles from service buses to brand new fully executive coaches for a range of clients including Leger, Lochs and Glens, Diamond, PGL, National Express. The company believes in ‘going the extra mile’ by providing a high quality service and in recent years has won substantial national and local contracts, enabling the creation of new roles.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager and working as part of a small team, as a PSV Mechanical Fitter your duties will be varied and include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out monthly inspections to the fleet of coaches
- Undertaking repairs and reporting all faults to the Workshop Manager
- Assisting drivers with any defects
- Attending breakdowns that occur locally and nationally
- Maintaining good housekeeping with a positive attitude to health and safety
- Completing paperwork with attention to detail
To be considered for this PSV Mechanical Fitter role you MUST have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Proven mechanical experience
- Superb problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong work ethic with a positive hands on and can do attitude
- Ability to think on your feet and work under pressure, and to make quick decisions and carry them through
- Diligent and organised with a keen eye for detail
- Fit and healthy to undertake such physical work
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility towards tasks and hours
Although not essential, ideally you will have;
- Proven experience within the HGV / PSV industry, however consideration will be given to the right applicant who can demonstrate an ability and desire to learn and train
- VOSA qualifications
- PSV / HGV licence
You'll be part of a growing reputable business in a role where your efforts will be noticed and rewarded and you’ll be supported with training where required to enable you to develop further within the company.
Pay Rate: £11.00 per hour, plus overtime payments where appropriate
Additional Benefits: Company uniform and overalls, access to company pension scheme, and on call bonus payment.
Hours of Work: Full time, hours to be agreed within Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required for some Saturday work as required.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Llanrwst (Conwy County, North Wales)
This PSV Mechanical Fitter vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Llew Jones International. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Llew Jones International, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Llew Jones International requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
**Mechanic, PSV, Mechanical, Fitter, Automotive, HGV, VOSA, Workshop, Llanrwst, Conwy, North Wales**