New opportunity not to be missed! We have a unique opportunity available for an Estimator to join the team based in Wirral. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary.
An Estimator is required for a long established small to medium sized building/civil engineering contractor based in Wirral, with work largely in the Water, local Authority, Health, Education and industrial Sector. You must be able to manage and co-ordinate all estimating aspects of a bid, ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer. You must also be able to maintain positive and effective relationships with customers and project team.
What are the responsibilities of the Estimator?
- Ensure tender deliveries are produced in a timely & effective manner.
- Review customer’s drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour & equipment
- Collate and review tender documents and submission requirements in a timely way, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included
- Represent the company and present tender proposals at customer interviews
- Carry out measurement , take offs and pricing of drawings
- Ensure all health and safety & environmental requirements are charged for within costs
- Be able to tender multi-discipline schemes from £5k to £1M
What skills do I need to have to become an Estimator?
- Experience of all aspects of New Build, Refurbishment, Building alterations / maintenance, Ground works, Drainage, concrete repairs; RC structures etc. is preferable
- Must be literate, numerate and a good communicator
-Must be computer literate - proficient in excel
- Hold valid driving licence
- You need to be dynamic, self sufficient and willing to work as part of a small team.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to further your career as our Estimator.
Apply for Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly