Graduate Merchandising roles
Due to huge growth in the business, we are currently looking for motivated and career-driven candidates to join our Merchandising and Supply Chain teams at our HQ in Chadderton, Oldham.
Ultimate Products Ltd is currently experiencing fantastic success off the back of our branded strategy and has seen turnover rise from £50m to £80m in just 2 years. The forecasted figures show continual increases that are likely to exceed our £100m turnover target in less than 2 years time. As a result the Company is currently on a massive recruitment drive to expand its core departments and support the upcoming business expansion.
With a focus on branded products across 12 different consumer categories, including Housewares, Electrical SDA and Audio, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our brand portfolio includes heritage brands such as Beldray and Progress as well as established brands including Russell Hobbs, Salter, Intempo, Disney, ZFrame & Constellation.
As a graduate trainee within the Ultimate Products Graduate Development Scheme , you will be given a role-specific personal development plan, regular reviews and feedback, plus one-to-one and group training sessions. Our development scheme has proved very popular due to the fast rate of progression and excellent salary potential leading to £20k after 18 months. Our graduates play a key part in today’s business and in the development of the company for the future.
Check out our recent interview with the MEN for more information: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/professionals/companys-degree-risk-paid-9859221
As Graduate Merchandiser Booker within the Company, you will be communicating with our major retail customers to arrange order deliveries and ensure deadlines are met. This is a fast-paced and diverse role that operates at the heart of the business and offers excellent learning potential and understanding of core business processes.
Key responsibilities include :
- Acting as one of the key contacts in the business for all stock orders, liaising with our customer contacts.
- Accurately assessing our diverse internal systems and uploading orders from our major customers into a main database.
- Identifying orders by diligently managing and maintaining internal reports.
- Ensure we meet customer requirements for all UK deliveries, ensuring that stock is accurately delivered on time.
- Handle customer queries and solve any problems connected to customer orders or customer deliveries.
If you’re looking to gain valuable experience within a dynamic and growing international business, our graduate roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience, career progression and professional development. This is an ideal role for a recent graduate wanting to develop their knowledge and skills within Supply Chain and logistics.
As a trainee, we don’t expect you to have any experience in these areas and we welcome applications from all degree backgrounds.
We look for self-motivated and reliable candidates with:
- Recent degree essential, preferably at 2:2 or above
- At least 6 months work experience ideally within an office environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Well organised with a great work ethic
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Adaptable with a “do what it takes” mentally to completing job tasks to set deadlines.
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
Fit our criteria? Apply now!
At Ultimate we strive for success in everything we do and not only meet our customers’ expectations but exceed them. Our continued success is down to the efforts of our dedicated team and we are always looking for new team members with a shared desire to progress their careers. Our Graduate Development Scheme offers a unique opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door in a number of demanding, challenging and rewarding industries – launch your career today with UP!
To apply for our graduate roles, please get in touch or visit our website for our latest job vacancies. www.upgs.com
Don’t forget to follow our twitter page: @UPGS_Trainees for updates from our current graduates.
graduate, BSc, BA Hons, development, training, progression, opportunities, promotion, Supply chain, business, processing, logistics, merchandising, retail, procurement, Manchester, Oldham, Chadderton