Graduate Accounts Clerk
Due to continued growth in the business, we are currently seeking motivated and career-driven graduates to join our Accounts Purchase Ledger team within a trainee role.
Ultimate Products Ltd is currently experiencing fantastic success off the back of our branded strategy and has seen turnover rise from £50m to £80m in just 2 years. The forecasted figures show continual increases that are likely to exceed our £100m turnover target in less than 2 years time. As a result the Company is currently on a massive recruitment drive to expand its core departments and support the upcoming business expansion.
With a focus on branded products across 12 different consumer categories, including Housewares, Electrical SDA and Audio, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our brand portfolio includes heritage brands such as Beldray and Progress as well as established brands including Russell Hobbs, Salter, Intempo, Disney & Constellation.
As a graduate trainee within our Graduate Development Scheme, you will be given a role-specific personal development plan, regular reviews and feedback, plus one-to-one and group training sessions. Our development scheme has proved very competitive due to the fast rate of progression and excellent salary potential leading to £20k after 18 months. Our graduates play a key part in today’s business and in the development of the company for the future.
Check out our recent interview with the MEN for more information: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/professionals/companys-degree-risk-paid-9859221
As Graduate Accounts Clerk within the Company, you will gain key experience in a variety of duties including credit control, sales and purchase ledgers management, and data entry and administration.
- To accurately add all factory deposits onto the purchase ledger, ensuring that all deposits are still valid and escalating those orders requiring refunds to the Merchandising team.
- To raise and process all payments as required ensuring that they are accurate and made within Company timescales. Any unusual payments are to be challenged and promptly escalated.
- To effectively liaise with the Imports department to ensure that all relevant documents have been received and full checks of invoice and PO numbers are carried out against internal spreadsheets.
- To ensure that the ledger is accurate and up-to-date at all times through timely allocations and the consistent resolution of supplier queries.
- To monitor unmatched aged payments, particularly unusual or high risk items and investigate them appropriately.
If you’re looking to gain hands on experience within a dynamic international business, our graduate roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience, career progression and professional development. This is an ideal role for a recent graduate wanting to develop their knowledge and career within a commercial accounts team. As a trainee, we don’t expect you to have any experience in these areas however prior experience in an accounting/finance role would be advantageous.
We look for hardworking, self-motivated and reliable candidates with:
- Recent degree essential, preferably in a relevant subject such as Accounting or Finance
- At least 6 months work experience ideally within a similar environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Well organised, hardworking and reliable
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Adaptable with a “do what it takes” mentally to completing job tasks to set deadlines.
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
Fit our criteria? Apply now!
At Ultimate we strive for success in everything we do and not only meet our customers’ expectations but exceed them. Our continued success is down to the efforts of our dedicated team and we are always looking for new team members with an equal desire to succeed and progress their careers. Our Graduate Development Scheme offers a unique opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door in a number of demanding, challenging and rewarding industries – launch your career today with UP!
To apply for our graduate roles, please get in touch or visit our website for our latest job vacancies. www.upgs.com
Don’t forget to follow our twitter page: @UPGS_Trainees for updates from our current graduates.
graduate, BSc, development, training, progression, opportunities, promotion, Accounts, Finance, Maths, Accounting, analysis, problem solving, supply chain, business