Quantity Surveyor - Shop-fitting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join Project Solutions, the main and principal contracting arm of The Alan Nuttall Partnership which specialises in interior fit-out and retail display. This role is office-based in the West Midlands with national travel.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for overall cost planning and surveying, order placement and allocation, project accounting and control, while providing commercial direction to the project team. Your key duties and responsibilities will be:
- Estimating and preparation of cost plans
- Review the compliancy of contract and associated documentation
- Perform a key role in project planning, cost reporting, budgeting, project objectives and plans and identification of resources required
- Create in conjunction with the PM, project teams, develop objectives / goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including budget management, tracking of team expenses and minimising exposure and risk
- Bringing about optimum utilisation of resources - labour, materials and equipment.
- Devise project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of each project.
- Prepare and submit periodic cost reports, valuations and final accounts.
- Maintain strict adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure completion of project documents.
- Contract administration
An ideal Quantity Surveyor will have the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrative experience in retail projects or similar
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise a team effort.
- Good client management skills.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Willingness to travel nationwide
- Trained to degree level in Quantity Surveying or similar- Experience also considered.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary plus:
- Fully expensed car
- Mobile phone
- Company credit card
- Company pension
For an opportunity to join our company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52801021 / INDMP