Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Account Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: Competitive + Commission
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of specialist anchoring and fixing systems, used in construction, industrial and retail markets, with over 90 years of industry experience.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Business Development Manager to grow the sales of our Client's technical products. Working both independently and with the sales & technical teams the BDM role will be targeted to identify and convert opportunities primarily for bonded and mechanical anchors within the defined geographical area.
Job Context / Key Challenges:
The BDM role is a vital part of the growth of the Company in the technical arena. The role requires a high level of sales skill and technical knowledge to identify and convert major opportunities in the technical distribution and OEM channels. The BDM will be tasked with developing solid relationships with key distributors and converting a high proportion of targeted OEM opportunities. The role will require day to day activity with end users and on construction sites. The BDM will be challenged to deliver a significantly higher level of growth compared with other areas of the business.
- Achieve agreed sales turnover and margin targets.
- Manage & develop all technical sales in line with the company's strategic business plan.
- Engage with end users to create demand for Company products.
- Where appropriate demonstrate Company products to aid achievement of the targets.
- Bring new business to your targeted/nominated distributors.
- Identify & develop new strategically aligned technical distributor opportunities.
- Actively seek and win new business in the targeted OEM market sectors.
- When and where required carry out on-site pull out tests.
- Using Sales-i CRM constantly update all customer/prospect activities
- Regularly report all activities.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of all opportunities for Company products.
- When required provide support for other members of the Sales Teams.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven successful track record in construction related sales.
- Highly self-motivated and results driven, focused on driving sales and margin.
- A good team player, success will be dependent on support from colleagues and other sales team members and your ability to become a trusted member of the team.
- Experience in Fixing & Fastener market (desirable but not essential).
- A high level of technical competence, knowledge of building materials, systems and applications. (Product training will be given where required)
- Ability to engage with end users to create demand for Company products.
- Competent with Hydrajaws pull out tester (training will be given).
- Solid IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail. Training will be given for the companies CRM system "Sales-i".
- Professional appearance - you are representing the biggest brand in fixings.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, from site operatives to Company Directors.
- Ability to professionally manage your own activity in a strategic and profitable way in line with the company business plan.
- Good driving record and a current and valid UK license.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Development Manager, Technical Sales, Business Development, Senior Account Manager, Senior Business Development Manager, Internal Sales Executive, Construction Sales, Fixing Sales, Fastener Sales, Field Sales, Business Development Leader, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, Sales Agent, Field Sales, Construction Sales, Senior Sales, Commercial Sales, Key Sales, Regional Sales, Sales Professional, Senior Account Manager, Hydrajaws, Strategic Sales Executive, Construction Business Development Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly