Deputy Home Manager (Children) – Career Progression
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Home Manager for a Children’s Residential Home in the Wigan area of Lancashire. You will be joining an expanding privately owned organisation who have the welfare of their young people at the heart of everything that they do.
This is a full time role, with a salary of £20,000 - £23,000 per annum. Sleepovers £36 per night.
The job of Deputy Home Manager will be to assist the Registered Manager to ensure that the current high standards remain outstanding. This will include:
- Supervising and carrying out appraisals and support the staff team on a daily basis
- Identify ways to support the Children & care for them to enable them to develop, thrive and fulfil their potential as individuals
- Administration, including written reports
- To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager
- To undertake on call duties on a rota basis
- To oversee shift rota system to the benefit of the smooth running of the home
- To support young people by driving them to home visits, school runs and appointments etc that are in or out of the local area
What experience do I need to be your Deputy Home Manager?
- You will have an NVQ level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People
- Ideally a level 4 in management - with a view to be working towards NVQ 5 in Health and Social Care / Management.
- A proven track record in Care Management within a Supervisory/Management capacity.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Quality Standards as regulated by OFSTED.
- Car drivers are essential
If you would like to find out more about this exciting vacancy, please send your current CV to us by clicking apply.