Male Support Worker
We are looking to appoint active, caring, and proactive Support Workers to join a high quality support team in the East Cowick/Goole area of East Riding of Yorkshire, £10.00 per hour weekdays and £11.00 per hour weekends, with a range of full/part time and bank contracts available.
This is a unique opportunity to learn new skills, have an interesting role and to make a real difference to someone’s life
The role would support a football and fishing loving gentleman in his own home who has suffered a traumatic injury.
Duties will include personal care washing, dressing, driving and daily activities. You would also need to be creative to find, organise and participate in interesting social and recreational pursuits on a daily basis.
Support Worker requirements:
- It is essential that you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain electronic records
- Be forward thinking, enthusiastic and able to use your own initiative
- Excellent personal management and organisational skills
- Task focused with good attention to detail
- Reliability and flexibility are essential
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- DBS/Reference checks will be required for this role
- NVQ level 2 or 3 (or other professional qualification) desirable
You will be expected to undergo training which will be provided by therapists, and be able to implement this to a high standard whilst maintaining dignity and respect and maximising rehabilitation potential and quality of life.
Support Workers are also required to have a good sense of humour, have a warm even temperament and enjoy creative team working. You need to have empathy with the frustration a disability can cause, and have the ability to work with the client, Psychology and Case Manager to work through any challenges.
Health and Social Care Jobs are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit male Personal Home Care Assistants.