Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering
Chichester College have an opportunity for an Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering to join the team at our Chichester & Brinsbury Campus on a full time, permanent basis. The successful Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering will receive a salary of £18,358 - £20,068 per annum.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering you will provide practical and theory training in Motor Vehicle studies, and have the ability to provide first line maintenance of the motor vehicles and workshop equipment, along with the ordering of consumable parts.
Responsibilities of our Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering:
- Undertake administration related to course requirements and provide reports and statistics as required.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Liaise with Additional Support in specific cases to ensure students get appropriate support.
- Participate in curriculum area, College, employer/parent functions, reviews, meetings and promotional activities, as required.
- Organise daily activities within the learning environment, including the preparation and maintainance of resources, services and housekeeping.
- Provide assistance to individuals or groups of students within the learning environment.
- Implement and maintain the regulations of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health legislation, including the reviews of health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace and undertake risk assessments.
- Participate in course review activities and the generation and implementation of new resources and action plans.
- Monitor and maintain equipment and prepare replacement plans.
- Order and stock take materials and equipment and provide feedback to suppliers as appropriate.
- Clean and maintain working spaces, develop a working environment and provide technical support and assistance for projects.
- Distribution and collection of tools as required on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update asset registration.
- To assist with PAT testing, as required.
- Liaise with external bodies such as Health and Safety Executive, Insurance and Servicing companies.
- Conduct regular Area Audits, Weekly and Daily Inspections of the Workshops and equipment along with maintaining the Health and Safety Red Book.
- Complete, monitor and review the Risk Assessments for the area.
- Support learners in the development of their English and Maths skills.
Skills & Experience required of our Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering:
- Level 2 qualification in Motor Vehicle or a related discipline
- Experience of Health and Safety procedures
- Awareness of current Motor Vehicle servicing and repair procedures
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 17 October 2016
Interview date: 1 November 2016
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Instructor/Technician in Motor Vehicle Engineering role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.