Support Worker - Children and Young People's Services
Lavoro Care are currently recruiting Support Workers on behalf of one of our clients, who provide a specialist high challenge turn around service for young people aged 16-21.
We are looking for Support Workers to work in specialist high challenge semi-independent unit supporting young people with EBD, SHB and associated challenging behaviour. You will assist the young person in the transition from custody / full residential care to semi independence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are interested in working for a quality care provider who provide ongoing professional development to enable them to build a long-term rewarding career.
Duties will include:
- Working on shift rotation the Manchester or Preston area, although occasional travel to other homes will be required
- Building positive relationships and acting as an appropriate role model to young people encouraging pro-social values and addressing behavioural issues.
- Encouraging independence and motivating young people to engage in life skills i.e. cooking, ironing, budgeting and shopping
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date records
Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Have previous experience of working with children and young people / care leavers with complex needs or have relevant transferrable skills
- Be passionate about the care and welfare of young people and be confident dealing with challenging behaviour
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People - although not essential
- Car driver / owner
- Be IT literate
Candidates must be prepared to face challenges from the young people on a daily basis.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including DBS clearance, references, ID and right to work checks. Current enhanced, portable DBS certificate are accepted.
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your CV via this job board and for more information please call the number below.