Senior Team Leader
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Senior Team Leader to join our successful team based in Swansea. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
Macmillan Distribution – Swansea is the distribution division for Macmillan Publishers, as well as being the distributers for many third party publishers. We are currently in an exciting period of change and opportunity, and are looking to expand our leadership team in the warehouse.
About the Senior Team Leader role
We are searching for an experienced and innovative Senior Team Leader for the Conveyor Department (Days) whose role will be responsible for meeting and improving service levels of the department through the organisation; training; development and leadership of the team.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Team Leader include:
- Provide services that exceed our customers’ expectations with the aim of both retaining and delighting those same customers. This includes meeting and improving service levels;
- Building the team so they are able to influence and change processes and systems to ensure a sustainable and cost effective operation;
- Using and developing a systems approach to reduce waste and engage all the team members to identify potential improvements;
- Identifying the training and development requirements of the team and ensuring these requirements are met;
- Working with the management and leadership team to ensure an holistic approach to taken at all times;
- Identifying, leading and participating in projects, ensuring that they deliver expected benefits to both time and budget.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Team Leader
- Demonstrable management/leadership experience within a logistics environment.
- Good working knowledge of warehousing systems and processes – MITRALS/VISTA, for example.
- Ability to maintain customer focus requirements.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and training skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft based applications, e.g. word, excel, powerpoint.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships using good communication, both verbal and written.
- IOSH qualification
The hours of the positions will 37.5 hours per week. The role is based on the day shift with hours between 7am and 5pm but the hours will depend on the requirements of the department and regular change within these hours are expected and are on a rota basis.
If you would like to join our team as our new Senior Team Leader then please click ‘apply’ today and submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and your expected salary. We look forwarding to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 14/10/2016