Location: Blythe Bridge
As a market leading distribution company we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team. In this key position you will drive the links in depot between our sales, warehouse and transport teams to ensure that we consistently deliver to our customers on a next day basis whilst maintaining the efficiency of our operation.
This challenging, exciting and diverse new role will appeal to an individual who enjoys working as part of team based in our busy traffic office.
- Maintain open and effective two way communication with all drivers, internal and external contacts.
- Lead from the front with exceptional people management skills to develop and improve performance through mentoring and where necessary disciplinary action.
- Promote and ensure compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation.
- Design, implement and develop initiatives and systems to ensure best practice.
- Clear communication with all other departments to ensure efficient running of the operational aspects of the business.
- Improve operational systems
- Management of budget’s and costs
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational teams
- Ensure transport operations comply with all relevant Health and safety standards and regulations and company policy as notified from time to time.
Cultural fit within our successful business is essential; our hands on business focused approach in this fast paced entrepreneurial environment ensures that no two days are the same and as the successful candidate you will be able to make a noticeable contribution immediately. Coming from a recent operations background you will exhibit the following attributes:
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Passion for our business and strong work ethic
- Confidence with the ability to take responsibility and make decisions in a pressurised environment
- Ability to learn quickly, respond positively to changing demands, embrace and implement new ideas in a fluid and growing operation
- Excellent communication, organisational, administration and logical problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask a large workload with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and experience of using databases and developing spread sheets
- Customer focus with the ability to build effective relationships with team, clients and other third parties.
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Operations Manager role, then please apply now!
quoting reference 2ST/OM/53.