Rehabilitation Support Worker
Could you be a Rehabilitation Support Worker for an energetic young man in the Camberley/Deepcut area in Surrey? Read on to find out more about our client…
“I am 22 years old and have a brain injury from birth and learning difficulties. I have had support since I was 17 years old. I learn life skills Monday to Friday, which for example are Ironing, washing, stripping and making bed, dusting, collecting my medication, budgeting and doing online food shopping at the end of every week The kind of support worker that I'm looking for must get on well with me and my family plus other professionals (Neuro Psychologist, Psychotherapist and Occupational Therapist). They need to understand my needs, be sporty, must not take themselves too seriously. During the year we go on family and staff holidays either in UK or abroad. I have mild epilepsy, which is well controlled but have high anxiety. The support I need is for someone to guide me through these times and reassure me. When I have staff do sleep in's I need company, which makes sure I don't get bored. This normally happens when my family go away to a cottage during the weekends”
I am looking for a Rehabilitation Support Worker who can:
- Support me to achieve my planned goals
- Liaise with my family and professionals
- Can ensure I am in a safe environment to maintain my physical and mental wellbeing.
- Facilitate planned activities both inside and outside my home
- Complete paperwork, to document my behaviour and any manual handling or risk management
As my Rehabilitation Support Worker I would love you to:
- Have an enthusiastic nature
- Be able to motivate and encourage me to help my understanding of the world and learn new life skills
- Have a good command of the English language as I have some communication difficulties
- Have a full Clean driving license
In return my team offers ongoing support, supervison and personal development. Excellent training opportunities inc: coaching from Neuro occupational therapist and Neuro psychologist as well as QCF and Care Certificate.
This role will be:
- 104 hours over a 4 week rolling rata including sleepovers (flexibility is needed for weekdays, evenings and sleepovers)
- £10.00 - £12.00 per hour dependant on experience and qualification.
- CQF 3 or 4, alternately an undergraduate degree preferred
- Successful DBS disclosure and referencing required
If you feel you have the right qualities and are interested in this position please click on apply!
Health & Social Care Jobs act as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our candidates and clients, we specialise in permanent recruitment nationally throughout the Health and Social care sectors. We are experts in Domiciliary care, Elderly, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, and Social Housing recruitment and have over 10 years' experience in the Sector, please visit our website healthsocialcarejobs and view our testimonials to find out how we differ from other Recruitment Agencies and can help you with your recruitment needs.