Support Workers - Learning Disabilities
Millennium Care Services
Since 1998 we have been providing quality care and support to adults and children with learning disabilities, mental illness, complex physical and emotional needs. Our goal is to provide a settled, safe and fulfilling environment that meets the needs of each individual that we support.
We have various vacancies for a number of our services that we are currently looking to fill:
- Waking Night Support Worker - Sunnyborough (Eggborough, Goole)
- Male Support Worker - Sunnyborough (Eggborough, Goole)
- Support Worker - Supported Living and Outreach(locations throughout South & West Yorkshire)
- Support Worker - Sunnydale (Featherstone, Pontefract)
Being a Support Worker is like no other job; you will mentor and support individuals to achieve their true potential by:
- Helping to build life skills
- Supporting in all daily activities including social and leisure outings and activities
- Ensuring safety and well-being
- Reducing vulnerabilities by effective risk management
- Experience is not required!!
- Passion and commitment to supporting vulnerable individuals
- A team player
- The ability to develop positive relationships
- Being a driver would be an advantage (essential for Supported Living & Outreach, with licence held for a minimum of 12 months)
- Competitive salary:
- £8 per hour for drivers (after probation)
- £7.50 per hour for non drivers / drivers within probation
- £57.60 per sleep-in
- Company Pension
- Access to healthcare scheme and a range of other benefits
- Holidays that increase upon service
- Excellent and comprehensive training
- A commitment to your development and achievement of vocational qualification
To find out more about our Company and the fulfilling work you could be undertaking please visit our website www.mcare.info
Closing date for all applications: 21st October 2016
An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required for successful applicants.
If a vacancy is for male candidates only, this due to the needs of many of our clients and the vacancy is therefore exempt under the Equality Act, 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.