Executive Property Director
Our client is currently seeking an Executive Property Director to join their fast growing, award winning company in Brighton. The Company have offices in Leeds, London and Brighton and currently manage over 10,000 Residential properties across the UK for a wide range of investor clients.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of generating additional revenue and/or adding value from both existing and new Clients. You will have experience and have advised on Investment Property Management - Regulated tenancies, Multiple tenure residential property, Lease holder blocks and mixed use developments.
The Executive Property Director is a key decision maker, who drives strategy and policy. You will be a highly experienced and successful leader, responsible for facilitating, organising, motivating teams of employees and clients alike. We are looking for an ambitious personality who has experience in the industry and who is able to thrive in this leadership role.
Core competencies for this role
- Leadership, Presence and Vision
- Interpersonal - Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Organisational Alignment and External Awareness
- Drive, Perseverance and Quality Focus - Customer Impact
- Strategic Orientation - Thinking and Networking
- Commercial Astute - Market Awareness
- Technical Credibility - (Residential Industry)
- Technology Capable
- Achievement Focused - Managing Resources
- Analytical, Statistical, Innovative, Flexible thinking
- Collaboration and Influence
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Financial Awareness and Controls
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To lead and develop a team of Heads of Department
- To be accountable and take ownership at board level for the statutory and regulatory activities within Property, Asset, Block and Agency
- To manage operational services through the Senior Head of Operations
- To provide monthly inputs and reporting to the board
- To major on the Leadership, Presence and Vision required to inspire and lead a team of senior people to success
- To Build and Maintain Relationships both internally and with Clients and key suppliers
- To provide Support, Guidance and Personal Development to Senior Managers
- To demonstrate Teamwork and Leadership by fostering a collaborative environment and driving teams in the same direction
- To support the development of Strategic Thinking by assisting the development of a broad, big-picture view of the organisation and its mission
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive experience working within a Residential investment management environment, have responsibility and accountability for reporting at Board level.
- Industry qualified (MRICS, ARLA, ARMA, IRPM)
- Corporate Governance and Regulatory expertise essential
- Residential property expertise in AST, Regulated tenancy management, block, asset management and lettings services delivery and reporting
- Line manage, coach and develop senior managers
- Health & Safety compliance and planning, both for clients and company
- A keen awareness of managing risk
- Ability to identify areas of weakness and implement change/training strategies
- A track record of generating additional revenue and/or adding value from both existing and new Clients
- Has experience and has advised on Investment Property Management - Regulated tenancies, Multiple tenure residential property - i.e AST, Regs, Lease holder blocks
- Industry recognised qualification - MRICS, IRPM, ARLA (level 3/4), ARMA, etc..
- Management and/or Business qualifications such as: CMI, ILM would be advantageous
- RICS Chartered Surveyor would be advantageous, not essential.
What the company will offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Season ticket loans (after a qualifying period)
- Opportunities to study for external industry recognised qualifications (MRICS, NFOPP, IOSH and IRPM.)