Team Leaders (House Managers) – Residential Care BLUT41692
Team Leaders (House Managers) – Residential Care Homes BLUT41692
Cheadle, Greater Manchester
Salary: £21,488 - £23,383 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holiday Entitlement: Calculated on length of service, year 1: 33 days (247.5 hours) inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 30 days (285 hours). plus, bank holidays after 5 years.
Who are we?
Here at Seashell Trust we have a children’s home and also homes for young adults with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities, multisensory impairments and complex health needs. At Seashell Trust we strive to deliver excellence by enhancing the communication skills, social skills, and overall independence and quality of life for our children and young people.
What are we looking for?
We are recruiting for Team Leaders (House Managers) to join our children’s home and also our homes for young people at the Trust at our site in Cheadle Hulme near Handforth (SK8 6RQ). Our purpose built homes are mostly 4 bedrooms, and the roles will involve.
• Managing a team of Residential Support Workers ensuring the highest standard of care is delivered at all times
• Working within and quality-assure the care delivered against Ofsted’s National Minimum Standards / CQC’s Essential Standards Outcomes for Homes for Young Adults and any additional relevant legislation
• Full job description attached
The role operates on a rotating combination shift pattern as below:
- Early shifts between 7.30am – 3.30pm
- Late shifts between 3pm – 10.00pm
- Full flexibility over 7 days is required
- These are permanent positions
Requirements (please see job description attached)
• Extensive knowledge and experience of working with children / young people with learning disabilities and complex needs
• Background in children’s homes (for Chlldren’s services)
• Strong experience of supervising and completing appraisals with staff in a care setting
• Experience of implementing CQC Essential Standards for Homes for young adults / National Minimum Standards for Children in Care Homes (OFSTED)
• Minimum qualification QCF (NVQ Level 3) – Health and Social Care (CCYP) or diploma for our young adults service, or QCF (NVQ Level 3) Residential Childcare or equivalent for our children’s services
• Experience of disability, mental health and autism spectrum conditions
• Ability and commitment to supervise and support staff to enable cohesive and effective team working
• Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to write and maintain reports!
Why join them?
They provide an outstanding care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of their children and young people.
They value their employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
They value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
Their charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Team Leaders (House Managers) – Residential Care BLUT41692
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly