7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title; Laboratory Technician
Location: Shepton Mallet, BA4 6PR
Term: 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Our client have been farming and cheese making since the early 1800s. Originally the milk was sold locally and the cheese was made for the family and workers at the Farm.
Although time has moved on, the Company is now a high volume business with the focus still on producing West Country Farmhouse Cheddar. Whilst much of the tradition has been preserved, the Company have extended their operation, modernised its business systems and diversified its farming operations and dairy products. They are a major employer in the area with respect for the local community and the environment.
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for accurately testing appropriate samples and recording results correctly
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required
- Organise the work day so that samples are tested as and when received/ collected, so that results can be used by Production, using appropriate and correct methods
- Accurately and methodically carry out tests and record results to include pH, Moisture, Fat, FDM and Salt on curd samples, Finished product, Butter and Powder
- At the start of the work day, switch on and check all equipment and calibrate as necessary
- Fill in daily check books and make necessary adjustments. Record any adjustments
- Store samples in refrigerator at 3°C +/- 2°C until testing commences
- If samples are not delivered, the Laboratory Technician must collect them
- All samples must be kept to the end of analysis, should retesting be necessary
- Defrost and incubate starters at correct temperature and times, Verify starters within best before date
- Put the last tests of the day on at an appropriate time to allow full and accurate reading of the results
- Samples not tested on the day that they are received, must be tested the following day, as early as possible. Record results, extra comments and non-conformance notes on Cheese make record
- Complete and sign cleaning schedules
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a good level of education to at least GSCE level (C for Math's, English, and a Science)
Skills and Experience Required:
- Laboratory experience would be an advantage
- Must be conscientious, flexible and have good attention to detail.
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Able to use initiative
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Laboratory Technician please click on apply and upload your CV.
Apply for Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly