New opportunity not to be missed! Universal Forwarding has a unique opportunity available for an Import Clerk to join the team in Newcastle. The role is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.30. Experience is preferred but not essential as full training would be available to the right candidate.
Universal Forwarding is a busy freight forwarding company based at Newcastle Airport offering worldwide export and import logistics by air, sea, road and courier service. The company was formed in 1989 and is considered to be one of the North Easts leading independent freight forwarders.
The role of Import Clerk involves:
- Liaising with customers, agents & service providers by telephone & e-mail.
- Obtaining quotes for movement of freight from Worldwide destinations to the UK.
- Arranging transportation on required service air, sea, road & courier service.
- Checking documentation and processing HMRC Entry, calculating Vat & Duty payment where applicable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Outlook
- Experience of Boxtop (freight forwarding software) and ASM Gems (customs entry) is preferred but not essential as training would be given
- Good telephone manner
Salary and benefits:
- Salary Circa £18,000 per annum
- Hours of work – Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.30
- Holiday entitlement- 20 days
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Import Clerk.