Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Provide efficient and effective, customer focused support to Council Services, working
on an individual basis or collaboratively as part of a team
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service
delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Work Pattern: Mondays (3 hours, 1.- 4pm) & Wednesdays (2.75 hours, 9.00 am – 11.45 am). Note days/times are negotiable.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Wilma Walker 01467 634380
- Word process and produce a range of documents
- Organise meetings and events including booking venues, issuing invitations, distributing documentation and minute taking of formal meetings or hearings as required
- Respond appropriately to enquiries in person or by telephone, in writing or e-mail
- Extract and manipulate data to produce management information and reports
- Update and maintain records, files and databases in line with corporate records management standards
- Order goods and services
- Process invoices and payments which includes the use of financial management systems e.g. oracle
- Allocation of work to support assistant(s) or other employees as required
- Undertake general office duties including photocopying, processing mail and providing reception cover as required
- Educated to Higher Grade level or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Word processing or secretarial qualification or ability to demonstrate typing speed and accuracy of 32 words per minute
- Proven track record of experience in an office environment
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to a proficient standard
- Experience of maintaining records and databases
- Experience in extracting and manipulating data
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Capable of prioritising workload to meet competing demands
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer needs
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer service qualification
- ECDL or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Local Government
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Administrator with PVG 2014-04-02.pdf