Science Development Officer (Cluster)- Castlebrae Community High School
Children & Families
Science Development Officer (Cluster), fixed term 31 March 2017
Castlebrae Community High School, EH16.
Salary: £38,991 (Subject to job sizing) (Pro-rata for part time)
Hours: hours flexible
Salaries will be in accordance with the Scheme of Salaries and Conditions of Service for Teaching Staff in School Education
This unique and exciting post is made possible by the Scottish Attainment Challenge and provides a real opportunity to innovate and develop early engagement of the STEM agenda within the cluster.
This 0.5 FTE post offers extremely flexible working hours (times and days negotiable).
The Science Faculty is looking for a highly motivated candidate who is keen to share their enthusiasm and the joy of Science across the cluster and the community.
- Imagination, creativity and innovation
- Ability to build and sustain great interpersonal relationships
- Interest in and concern for others (staff and students)
- Enthusiasm and passion for what is being taught
- Energy and a positive attitude
- Understanding of the curriculum in the context of the cluster as a whole
- Ability to plan programmes of learning appropriate to the specific needs of pupils, staff and the community
- Ability to foster/develop curiosity in primary and secondary pupils
This is a development post and as such innovation is highly prized. The successful candidate must be able to work with all partners to deliver a sector leading experience for learners in primary science.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
Closing Date: 7 November 2016
Science Development Officer.doc