Transport Admin Clerk (immediate start) Fixed Term Contract
An exciting temporary opportunity has arisen for a Transport Operations Clerk at our clients distribution centre in Hatfield. The DC operate to `best in class` standards, serving in the south of England operating on a 24/7 basis.
They are looking for a proactive individual who has strong administration and customer service skills
* To assist in administering the movement of vehicles and associated activities.
* To undertake all activities in line with KPI requirements and SLA`s.
* Responsibility for booking all drivers / vehicles into the depot.
* Ensuring that all trailers are placed on correct bays at the correct time.
* Issuing paperwork and booking out drivers from the transport and their associated debriefs on return.
* Continuous monitoring of in-house and third party management software systems, ensuring compliance with key system requirements.
* Working closely with key operational partners within other departments, depots and customer locations.
* Checking and administrating the daily plan.
* Other transport / site administration as and when required.
* Experience of working within a face paced transport environment - desirable.
* Must be computer literate - with basic/intermediate skills with all Mircosoft Office applications is essential.
* Ability to work on your own initiative
* Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
* Knowledge of systems such as YardSmart, Isotrak, Tachomaster, and consignment management software desirable.
* A flexible team based approach is essential.
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines is essential
* General awareness of health and safety
Working Monday to Friday 11-00 – 19-00
H&G Recruitment are one of the country`s fastest growing and leading logistic and HGV C+E Class 1 driver recruitment experts in the supply chain, we have large key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country. Since 2003 H&G Recruitment have offered a caring and considerate service to their workforce; come and be part of our winning team