Head of Advisory, GHR – EMEA
Job title: Head of Advisory, GHR – EMEA
Location: London, UK
Opening date for applications: Wednesday 6 October 2016
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 2 November 2016
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Deputy Head of Advisory will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of the HR Business Partners who support the Control, Middle and Back office functions by providing a fully integrated, comprehensive HR service across EMEA and leveraging the knowledge of HR Centres of Excellence for specialist advice as well as lead HRBP for a specific support area.
The Deputy Head will drive the performance management and talent progression of the team and ensure that team members remain motivated and engaged and provide a consistently high level of support and a commercial, proactive business partnering approach to the divisions they are responsible for across the EMEA region
The Deputy Head will be responsible for all operational issues for the Advisory team (including but not limited to resource management, project management). In addition this role, in addition to the Head of Advisory, will drive efficiency by leveraging best practice across COE’s for all of HR Advisory.
- Ensure that HR services are provided as appropriate to the business and identify new opportunities where HR can add value., Enable the effective diagnosis of business issues, strategy and goals – aligning to the People Strategy to drive a successful high performance culture.
- Ensure that HRBPs are involved in the business planning process for their coverage areas from the outset and that they are well prepared for planning meetings ensuring that economic, social and political trends affecting the business has been researched.
- Oversight of Employee Relations (ER) issues for the whole HR Advisory team including advising on ER matters, taking lead where necessary and liaising with advisors where appropriate, reviewing and improving policy and process
- Responsibility for all issues relating to the Senior Manager’s Regime across the organisation, including co-ordinating on-boarding, updating ongoing procedures and annual reviews with each Senior Manager and liaise with relevant Business Partners for the Certified Person’s Regime.
- Act as Project Manager on specific Advisory related projects and be the Deputy Project Manager for the Head of Advisory in projects as required.
- Develop strong relationships with all Centres of Excellence (CoE’s) as well as HR peers across the region and globally in order to meet the needs of the business in a holistic and co-ordinated way
- Manage the Performance & Compensation Review process closely with the Centre of Excellence Teams as well as business managers ensuring that equal pay, pay for performance and market norms are considered.
- Work with the Regulatory, Reward and Benefits, Talent Acquisition and Mobility, and HR Operations teams in relation to any associated business queries, for example, annual compensation survey, market development, complicated expatriation issues, and flexible benefits.
- Drive a culture of high performance by ensuring that performance management policies and procedures are implemented and maintained in the business.
- Challenge stakeholders on talent discussions, workforce planning, inclusion and diversity discussions.
- Prioritise employee relations and compliance challenges, and respond immediately to employee grievances.
- Work with the Recruitment team on senior "Search" recruitment projects and manage the headcount resource plans with the business.
- Deputise for the Head of Advisory where appropriate, including line management responsibility for other team members in the absence of the Head of Advisory.
- As well as overseeing, middle and back office functions, have thorough knowledge of all front offices and deputise for the Head of Advisory as and when necessary in dealing with these matters as well as guiding/coaching front office HRBPs.
- Ensure the HRBPs have stretch KPI’s as well as Individual Development Plans and that they receive regular developmental feedback throughout the year.
- In conjunction with the Head of Advisory, ensure HRBPs are keeping up to date with employment law/ maintaining leading edge knowledge of HR issues and best practices and regulatory changes.
*As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the job holder. The job holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources or equivalent.
- CIPD qualified an advantage.
- University degree -preferred.
- Significant experience of Senior HR positions within HR Business Partnering preferably in a Financial Services organisation.
- Demonstrable HR skills with proven interaction at senior levels in an organisation.
- Proven management experience of a number of direct reports.
- Experience of delivering change management programmes.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of functional human resources expertise including workforce planning, Employee Relations, HR planning, performance management, learning and development, change management, Reward, regulation & benefits, talent acquisition & mobility.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation, judgement, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to execute and influence.
- Understands importance of data integrity, timely and accurate reporting and use this information to run increasingly efficient processes.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Successful track record of building/managing a high performing team.
- Ability to build strong networks internally and externally.
- Proven ability to be an internal and external ambassador for an organisation.
Integrity and Responsibility
-Balance Risk with Opportunity
-Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
-Drive For Results
-Collaborate and Build Partnerships
-Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
-Influence and Inspire Others
-Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
-Manage and Develop Talent