Technical Manager / Manufacturing Manager-Chemical Engineering
Job Title: Technical Manager
Location: Sutton, Ely
Salary: circa £40,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company was founded in 1969 and today holds a position as European market leader in innovative plastics packaging solutions for the food industry. During this time, we have specialised in innovative and optimised packaging solutions for ready meals, fresh meat and cold foods and snacks. The company holds an unrivalled position as a strong, international player. The company's headquarters is located in Holstebro and they employ more than 1100 people spread across seven production sites in Denmark, UK, Czech Republic and Spain, as well as multiple sales offices covering all of Europe.
They are now looking for a Technical Manager to provide technical knowledge, experience and support to the site in relation to production processes - extrusion, thermoforming and plastics used at Sutton.
You will focus on initial material use and final product output, understanding the technical aspects of the material, effect of equipment and impact of the process on the material.
You will be a part of the manufacturing team, reporting into the Site Director.
- Provide technical support in matters relating to production processes
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the process equipment and its impact on the polymers used by the site
- Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with the group technical team and suppliers
- Understand the commercial impact to the business of using different polymers and additives
- Drive projects to simplify and standardise
- Provide technical credibility when supporting activity around product design and fitness for use
Your main tasks:
- Good Conduct trials an compile technical reports when testing new or existing raw materials in the business
- Ensure the business manages its' raw materials in a manner that maintains optimum performance
- Co-ordinate activity to provide group synergy ad conformity
- Maintain the lab equipment appropriate to the business enabling proper assessment of the impacts of raw materials and processes on our products
- Build effective relationships across the site to become a valued & respected member of the team
- Build a sound knowledge of the industrial processes used to produce & convert both polymers, particularly in relation to rigid packaging
- Stay up to date with technical & legislative developments pertaining to the plastics industry and the impact of plastics & production processes in relation to carbon emissions
- You should have a background in chemical engineering with Polymer experience/knowledge
- You should be commercially astute
- You have knowledge of recycling capabilities of the polymers
- You should be able to convey technical information 'in plain English'
- You are well organised and possess a high level of ability to manage your work effectively, delivering the results on your full potential
- You must have ability to effectively use all Microsoft packages, especially outlook, word, excel and powerpoint
What is it like to be a part of this Company?
Our Client is an international company with excellent operations and major growth plans. They are a dynamic and ambitious company in continuous growth, creating results, and developing their employees.
Their goal is to be a market leader in the supply of food packaging solutions, combining their high-tech skills within tooling, processing and material technologies, providing tailored solutions to their customers. Their dedication is quality, sustainability, reliability and innovation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Technical Manager, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Technical Engineering Manager, Process Engineer, Polymer Production Engineer, Technical Engineer, Production Engineer, Production Engineering Manager may also be considered for this role.