Who are we?
We are United Utilities, the North West’s Water and Wastewater Company. It’s our job to bring 3.0 million households and thousands of businesses an incredible 1,700 million litres of clean, clear water each day. We take it all away too, treating it so it’s safe to go back into the rivers.
Our employees and managers are key to achieving our ambitious vision and plans and make sure the 5000 people who work hard for us every day provide a great service to our customers. This year we are investing in our staff to help equip them with the skills they need to deliver great performance.
This is where you come in…We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation Technician to join our team at Huntington Water Treatment Works in Chester. As Instrumentation Technician you will be responsible for completing verification, calibration, repair and servicing activities across a wide range of instruments within a designated geographical area of the region, ensuring the delivery of a scheduled cyclic program and associated work orders in line with SLA's (Service Level Agreements).
What will you focus on as Instrumentation Technician?
You will operate, verify, calibrate and service instruments in a cost effective and efficient manner to achieve the quality, regulatory, statutory and safety standards required by the company. Carrying out regulated DWI inspection, recertification, verification and maintenance programs to ensure company compliance is maintained to Environment Agency standards. You will also carry out planned inspection, recertification, verification and maintenance on identified scheduled Quality and Flow assets, to ensure we can provide an auditable trail to our regulators.
What do you need?
To succeed in this Instrumentation Technician role you will;
- Hold an NVQ level 2 or 3 or equivalent qualification in Instrumentation or Electrical Maintenance/Engineering discipline and have a flexible approach with a proven ability to deliver programs of work on time and to required standards.
- Have good communication skills with the ability to develop good relationships with Production Area teams and other critical business areas
- Have the ability to coordinate and program work effectively, sometimes delivering to tight deadlines
- Possess excellent instrumentation verification, calibration, maintenance problem solving skills.
- Provide evidence of basic commercial awareness, frameworks.
If you are interested in the Instrumentation Technician and are excited about joining a leading FTSE100 organisation at an exciting and challenging period of change then we want to hear from you! APPLY now.