IT Applications Support Manager
A Fortune 500 company, our client is one of the world's major project development and construction groups. The UK operation is a leading contractor in public private partnerships (PPP), construction, civil engineering, utilities, building services and facilities. An ethical, inclusive, value driven and people focussed company; the UK had revenues of £1.430bn in 2015 employing c5,500 people. Working collaboratively with customers, partners and the supply chain, the company makes a positive difference to society.
IT, an important, enabling function at the heart of the company is part way through an overall transformation programme to further meet the needs of the business and significant business growth. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Applications Support Manager to come in and provide cohesive management across the Applications team, improve efficiency, establish reporting procedures in line with the ITIL framework; delivering an effective service to the business.
The teams’ activities consist of 2nd and 3rd line support and maintenance of existing applications; both run and change also implementing new Applications.
Reporting to Head of Business Systems you will;
- Lead, motivate and develop the Applications Support team.
- Support the definition of and management to SLAs and OLAs, also serving as an escalation point in the management of incidents, service requests and problems.
- Work with the development team overseeing design, test & deployment of new systems.
- Production of, and delivery to, the Applications roadmap.
- Plan the group’s capability to support, configure and maintain the new ERP system when introduced.
With an absolute commitment to customer service and process improvement, you’ll work with peers across IT; on occasion managing 3rd party vendors. It is an ideal time to join the company to make a difference, ensuring a solid team, processes and systems are in place prior to the ERP Programme.
Graduate calibre/business level qualified, with at least an ITIL Foundation level certification, you should have;
- deep and broad 2nd and 3rd level IT Applications Support experience managing both run and change, gained in a large IT environment, supporting a diverse systems estate.
- proven management skills for an Applications Support Group of c15.
- knowledge of one or more process areas; Record to Report, Procure to Pay and Hire to Retire.
- Construction sector knowledge will be beneficial.
Softer skills will include the presence and credibility to work at all levels, able to meet the demands business growth brings, strong written and spoken communication skills enabling the presentation of easily understood technical concepts. You will be collaborative with an analytical and methodical approach, able to manage expectations, shape and influence outcomes.
Ideally you should be living within a commutable distance of Rickmansworth. To find out more about this great opportunity please send your CV and reasons for applying to Rushworths.