Senior Care Assistant - Nights
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Care Assistant to join this leading Care Home based in Nottinghamshire. Belvoir Vale Care Homes is not on a direct bus route and therefore it is essential that all applicants must have their own transport.
Belvoir Vale Care Homes is registered to provide dementia care along with respite and day care. The Care Home is owned by one of the UK’s most established care providers and is committed to promoting high standards throughout all of its homes and continuously monitors and reviews its quality control procedures and systems.
The Senior Care Assistant is part of the caring team and as such works with and leads other members of staff to care for the Service Users in the Home. Reporting to the Care Manager, you will be responsible for leading members of staff and will be dedicated to contributing towards the continuous high quality of care given to our Service Users.
As a Senior Care Assistant your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Managing shifts.
- Supervising staff.
- Medication administration.
- Writing care plans.
The Senior Care Assistant will have the following skills and experiences:
- Must have the Health & Social Care NVQ Level 2 qualification. Level 3 NVQ training will be given.
- Must be motivated.
- Have good communication skills and be a team player.
- You will be expected to have an understanding of and sympathy with elderly people.
- You need to be enthusiastic, committed and have an outgoing personality.
- Have experience working within a similar setting.
- You will need to be flexible and be able to work some evenings, weekends and some nights on a shift rota basis.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £9.40 per hour.
The Care Home are committed to providing on-going training and development for all our employees to continually update their skills all members of staff take part in a comprehensive induction programme and attend relevant courses, such as moving and handling, infection control, fire training and food hygiene.
The following benefits are available:
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension plan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Free Parking
- Get tech: tax free technology through salary sacrifice
- Health Benefits for Staff with over a year’s service
- National Care Award
- Career Progression opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
For an opportunity to join this leading Care Home please submit your CV Online.
recruitx ref: 52801055 / INDHP