5 days left
- Full Time
Unit Manager - Residential school
£28,207 – £35,432 pa
Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 1TT
High Close School is a successful residential and day school catering for up to 86 young people with a range of complex needs. High Close offers an exciting and challenging environment where the needs and welfare of the children are paramount.
Ofsted have judged High Close to be outstanding within the care provision we constantly strive to maintain this. We are seeking an ambitious, driven and highly skilled Unit Manager to join the leadership team of the residential provision.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Unit Manager who is/has:
- An excellent practitioner who works to the highest standards of care.
- An outstanding leader, managing, motivating and driving staff to deliver the highest standards of care.
- Ready for the challenge of managing one of the schools four residential units.
- Relevant experience of supervising staff and managing a residential service.
- A sound working knowledge of relevant legislation pertinent to the role.
- Understanding of the importance and promoting the principals of inclusion and safeguarding.
- The preferred applicant will have Level 4/5 NVQ or Diploma in Health and Social Care Children and Young People (or willing to work towards this). Level 3 Diploma/NVQ in Health and Social Care Children and Young People is essential as a minimum.
This position offers a competitive salary and full school holidays. You will be required to manage a 7-day shift pattern including weekends, undertaking sleep-in duties as required for which an additional allowance is paid.
For further information, please contact Wayne Grey or Natalie Potter on 0118 9785767. We welcome planned visits from potential candidates.
Applicants will be required to undertake a Declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household as the applicant or who lives at their address, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
For further information about the role and to apply, please click the apply button to be redirected to our website.
Closing date: 30 October 2016.
Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.