Job title: Housekeeper (Cook)
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week. 4 on 3 off, 9am to 3pm and 4pm to 6pm.
Our client has been a charitable housing organisation for nearly 60 years. Throughout this time their residents are always at the heart of what they do and the services they provide. They are currently looking for a Housekeeper in their supported sheltered House in High Lane, Stockport.
As a Housekeeper, you will play a pivotal role being the first port of call in the delivery of services to their residents. This will include preparing delicious and nutritional meals and making sure the house is maintained as a welcoming, safe and comfortable environment for their residents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing nutritional and balanced meals for residents
- Planning and agreeing menus in consultation with the Senior House Manager and their residents.
- Ordering ingredients and/or equipment as necessary for agreed meal provision, within agreed budgets
- Maximising the quality of life for every resident living in the House
- Ensuring all aspects of the House are managed smoothly and efficiently
- Proactively encouraging the residents to be involved in the house; welcoming and encouraging participation in activities
- Planning and supporting a rolling plan of social activities which reflect the requirements of all residents.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records for key areas including Health and Safety, Resident records, Food Safety, Petty Cash and other house related administration
- Ensuring all areas of the House are maintained clean, tidy and meeting Health and Safety and Environmental Health requirements
- Acting as the first point of contact for residents/relatives with regards to resident welfare and wellbeing, complaints and conflict, resolving all issues professionally, effectively and to the satisfaction of those involved
The successful candidate will be able to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team and carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
The role may involve travel for training / meetings, therefore, a willingness to travel is essential.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Competent cook with ability to accommodate individual dietary needs
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Ability to read, write and work with numbers
- Experience of effective budget management
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of older people
- Experience of working in supported housing, social care or nursing environment, preferably with older people
- Understanding of the issues surrounding tenant participation
- Current, clean driving licence
- First aid certificate
- Food hygiene certificate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Demonstrate IT competency to a good standard
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this positon, please click on 'Apply' and complete a short application process.