Learning Support Assistant
LSA Year 6
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant who has experience of working with children who are on the Autism Spectrum. You will be working in a Primary school in East London and will be required to give one-to-one support to a child in Year 6.
You must demonstrate effective communication skills, be very patient and have a positive attitude to learning. The child's academic progress is well below that of their peers and therefore requires you to be focussed and determined to help improve their learning.
You will already have experience of supporting a SEN child previously and preferably hold a relevant qualification, although this is not essential. The school will have a designated member of the SEN team to support you along with the child's class teacher.
- You must be willing to attend meetings in school with the outside agencies who are currently supporting this child.
- You must be flexible and willing to cover any internal staff absences if the need arises as a priority on a daily basis.
- Be flexible to cover lunch duties and be flexible with your break times
- The school are keen to hear from any applicants who have Team Teach experience.
It would be great to hear from you if you have;
- Experience of working with children through a mainstream or special needs school setting
- Had recent training or a placement where you have gained SEN experience
- Hold a qualification to work SEN children
This would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to work with SEN children and become part of a large supportive school where staff are provided with training and up to date resources to ensure progress is learning is achieved.The school also has great transport links and parking is available.
To apply for this role please send us your up to date CV and one of our dedicated team will contact you to discuss your application. If you are successful at the first screening stage you will be required to attend an interview at your local branch to complete all the neccesary compliance checks prior to being offered any work.
Apply for Learning Support Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly