Special Needs Assistant
Special Needs Support Assistant
Do you have strong experience working with children with autism and challenging behaviour? Do you have the required skills to make a difference in the lives of children in a primary school? Apply now. A school in Barking and Dagenham is looking for a strong, experienced support assistant who is trained to work with children with autism. This particular child is looking for a caring, supportive adult with whom he can build a relationship to excel his performance.
- on-site parking and cycle storage
- 10 minutes walk away from the nearest underground station
- Large school so plenty of opportunities
- Willing to offer permanent posts to candidates
- Promote creativity through the school
- Keen to allow progression
- In house training programme to further the knowledge of their staff
- Benefit from outstanding teaching around the school
- Supporting a child on a one to one basis with autism and behaviour using scheduled teaching
- Working with the classroom as well to help children in groups when not working with their designated child
- Accompany child on trips where necessary
- Ensuring the safety of the child at all times
- Using own initiative to create an interesting learning environment for the child
To be successful for the position, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong, experienced person with experience working with autism and behaviour
- Understands the system used by children with autism
- Follow the structured learning plan for the child
- Be caring and work as part of a team
- Preferably Team Teach training
The school is currently interviewing and trialling candidates and is looking for the ideal person with the above experience and qualification. If you are suitable for the role, you are likely to be booked for the whole academic year. The child has been described as being "charming and with a great sense of humour".
Randstad Education has been helping teachers and support staff find temporary and permanent jobs in Education for over 20 years. We've built solid relationships with multiple schools, academies and institutions across the UK so you can rest assured that we will be able to make a suitable match between you and your new employer, wherever you are in the country and whatever your level of experience. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.