Accounts Payable and Receivable Supervisor / Manager (AWDO-P2813)
Accounts Receivable and Payable Supervisor / Manager with good team leadership and management skills required for a busy Finance Team based in Leyland (near Preston), Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits (25 Days Holiday, plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays, Final Salary Pension Scheme, Private Outpatients Scheme)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Accounts Receivable and Payable Supervisor / Manager with good team leadership and management skills.
Working as the Accounts Receivable and Payable Supervisor / Manager you will join the Company’s busy Finance Team where you will manage and lead a team of three.
As the Accounts Receivable and Payable Supervisor / Manager you will be both qualified and experienced in Accounts Payable in a manufacturing environment and familiar in dealing with overseas suppliers. You will also have experience in intercompany invoicing and reconciliations, which is key to this role.
As a successful candidate you will be self-motivated and will have a track history of delivering continuous improvement on processes and procedures.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Duties and responsibilities as the Accounts Receivable and Payable Supervisor / Manager:
- Ensure supplier payments and customer receipts are in accordance with credit terms
- Supervise the Accounts Payable & Receivable Team delivering effective management of AP and AR ledgers
- Ensure an accurate month end closure of ledgers in line with the Group’s timetables
- Liaise with other Group entities, ensuring intercompany balances are reconciled and agreed
- Ensure the AP and AR ledgers accurately reflect the business assets and liabilities by month end and supplier statement reconciliations and management of invoice ageing
- Take responsibility for departmental staff development and all elements of people management
- Maintain and develop robust business processes and controls. Deliver continuous improvement on processes and procedures
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is part of a US listed group who are recognised as a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks. The UK Company is the UK’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturing business, which has established an enviable track record of profit and growth. They achieve the highest levels of quality and combine world class levels of efficiency with the latest methods of Continuous Improvement, based on the highly successful implementation of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to A level / BTEC or equivalent; a degree or accounting qualification is desirable
- Supervisory experience with good people management skills
- Previous experience of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in a manufacturing environment
- Good IT skills and experience of Oracle systems and EDI invoices
- Good communicator at all levels
- Experience of dealing with internal and external auditors
- Ability to contribute to/lead projects
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Accountancy / Finance Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Leyland (near Preston), Lancashire, North West England
AWD online operates as an employment agency