6 days left
- Part Time
Weekend Manager Required.
Due to our client’s increasing success they are looking for an experienced, proactive Weekend Manager to work from 8:00am – 1:00pm on both a Saturday and Sunday.
Candidates must have proven experience (references will be asked for) in being able to effectively lead and delegate to a team, and be able to work under direct and indirect supervision reporting to the company Director and Business Manager.
Required skills include: multi-tasking, self-motivation, attention to detail, punctuality, the ability to work independently and delegate to a team. Candidates must also be able to exercise good judgement and excellent communication skills when dealing with customers, both current and prospective.
Experience of working for a dog rescue or in a kennels / doggy daycare would be preferred but not essential.
Weekend Manager - General Responsibilities:
• Accountability for making sure the shift runs smoothly and all jobs are completed to the best of the team’s ability and to required health & safety standards.
• Opening up and locking up before and after shifts – making sure the site is secure.
• Working with the Business Manager to arrange kennel plans and check-in / check-out sheets for the weekend.
• Allocating tasks to staff on a daily basis and assisting staff to understand their daily tasks and the standard to which they are required to perform.
• Liaising with clients, checking boarding dogs in an out – taking details, feeding and mediation instructions.
• Showing prospective customers around the site.
• Answering the phone and taking messages.
• Update Facebook with photos and videos taken during the morning.
• Handling cash and payments.
• Monitoring and reporting back any concerns over the health and behavior of boarding dogs and taking any ill or injured dogs to vets using company vehicle.
• Administering, or delegating the administration, of medication to boarding dogs.
Please note that any successful candidate will be expected to get their hands dirty and perform tasks themselves where necessary (ie cleaning kennels, supervising dogs in the rain etc), not just delegate to other team members.
A full clean driving licence is essential to drive our client’s company vehicles.
The health and safety of the dogs in their care is paramount and therefore they ask that any applicants demonstrate an expertise or knowledge of dogs, have confidence to be firm but fair in handling different breeds and sizes; and share a love and respect for their canine companions.
Salary: £7.50 - £8.00 per Hour, DOE
If you are interested in applying for this Weekend Manager role, please apply online with a brief explanation of why you would be a good candidate for this role and with a copy of your CV.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Weekend Manager role and to follow further instructions if applicable.