Class 1 Driver
Courier Logistics have an exciting opportunity for a Class 1 Driver to join our growing team based at our depot in Bradford. Working a full time, permanent basis, the successful Class 1 Driver will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 per annum.
Established in 1994, Courier Logistics started with two small ageing vans and one big ambition to succeed. With year on year growth, we now employ over 100 staff and have a turnover in excess of £10 million. Our vision for the future is to continue to increase our customer base whilst maintaining a personal service and meeting our “on time, every time” commitment to collection and delivery. Customers are gained and retained through consistently high levels of professional service and value for money.
The Class 1 Driver role will involve nightly trunking from Bradford to Staffordshire and back. Class 1 experience and CPC are essential for this position. You will be working Mon to Sat, 19.00-05.30, flexibility will be required to suit the needs of the business.
Class 1 Driver Objectives
- To deliver and collect consignments in a safe and secure manner in line with APC/Pallet Track freight at all times
- To maintain safe working practices at all times
- To maintain security of all APC/Pallet Track freight at all times
- To present at all times a smart and professional attitude to the customer
Your duties as a Class 1 Driver would include:
- Cleanliness and Maintenance of vehicle
- Daily checks on oil, water and tyres
- Security of vehicle
- Reporting of accidents
- Safe and effective driving manner
Class 1 Drivers performance
- Collections completed in a secure, full and timely manner
- Driver speeding/compliance
- Effective and non-incidental sortation of freight within the warehouse
- Stripping of pallets, wrapping pallets
- Park and secure trailer after it has been tipped - daily
- Physical appearance
- Vehicle security, condition and checks
- Courier Logistics policies and procedures to be adhered to at all times
- All relevant paperwork to be checked and completed correctly
Health and Safety
- Snap Shot Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of work to be undertaken at all times
- Safe transportation of goods
- Reporting of breakages and spillages
- Reporting of Health and Safety hazards
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Class 1 Driver then please click “Apply” today!
Apply for Class 1 Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly