SEN Teaching Assistant - Brighton
7 days left
- Full Time
Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) - Brighton, East Sussex
£14,500 to £17,000 FTE
Starting After October Half term
Do you want a job that allows you to make a difference to a young child's life? Do you want to use your passion for education to inspire others? Do you live to support learning through the use of a broad and creative curriculum? If this sounds like the job for you, then please don't hesitate to apply today- time is of the essence!
A larger than life community school in Brighton is looking to welcome an energetic and passionate Teaching assistant to their already hugely successful support team. The school has approx. 400 mixed ability pupils on role. The school has an above average proportion of SEN and EAL and for this reason needs additional support to meet their individual needs. The successful candidate will be expected to work on a 1:1, small group and whole class basis and will support all areas of the curriculum within KS1 & 2. This school is a dynamic school with a supportive senior leadership, modern site, extensive grounds and top of the range resources and technology. The school is situated in the heart of Crawley and is a short walk from the town centre (added bonus). This is a school that can offer you a long and fruitful career in Education with brilliant career progression offered from the outset.
* Long term Teaching Assistant role
* Team Teach training provided by Randstad Education or the school
* Modern resources and equipment including interactive whiteboards and ipads
* Superb and spacious classrooms and grounds
* There is lots of room for progression in the roles, from senior teaching assistant to skill development and other areas to branch into (therapies, inclusion support etc.)
All applicants for this position must have the following requirements to be considered:
* Any experience level will be considered, ideal candidates will be flexible, resilient and have a positive approach to supporting learners with SEN (direct SEN experience is not essential)
● Relevant experience/Knowledge of UK SEN settings (desirable)
● Own Transport- Due to locality of the school
● Eligibility to work in the UK
● Supporting KS1- KS2 SEN learners on a 1:1, small group and classroom basis
● Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
If you want to know more about this fabulous opportunity or wish to send us your application then please don't hesitate to apply now.
This role is open to receiving applications over the next week. Within a week of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a three-stage interview process, after which shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the final stage of the interview process with appropriate school leadership.
Did you know at Randstad Education:
- We work with over 2,500 schools each week
- Our network of teachers and support staff work with over 85,000 children every day
- We have a local dedicated team of ex-teachers, nursery managers and teaching assistants who are able to support you in finding the perfect role and offer professional advice if required.
Apply for SEN Teaching Assistant - Brighton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly