KING EDWARD MINE LTD
Location: Troon, Camborne, Cornwall (GB)
Salary: £20,000 (0.4 FTE)
Closes: 04 Nov 2016
Contract type: Contract
Hours: Part Time
KING EDWARD MINE LTD
wishes to appoint a -
For King Edward Mine Museum
Reporting to the King Edward Mine Site Officer
and KEM Ltd Trustees
Terms: 21 month fixed term contract
(January 2017 to September 2018)
Salary: £20,000 per annum pro rata (£10,000) + 5% pension.
0.4 FTE flexibly to account for seasonal opening
20 days holiday pro rata
Purpose of role:
This post is being funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Cornwall Council as part of the King Edward Mine (KEM) Redevelopment Project. The ambition of this project is to conserve the site for future generations and position KEM as the 'gateway' to the Great Flat Lode mining area, creating a unique heritage attraction that is both part of the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site, but also deeply embedded in the life of the local community.
Your purpose will be to support the development and delivery of the Activity Plan for the site, designed to help more people and a wider range of people to learn about and enjoy the heritage. You will work with the Trustees, Site Officer and the volunteers to ensure that visitors have an excellent experience and that KEM delivers the outputs required by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Cornwall Council.
Our Activity Plan largely targets families and children and we are looking for someone who is going to help us develop projects with local groups, building on the work that we have been doing with the Sensory Trust, CN4C (Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change), the Pupil Referral Unit, families with disabled children, local dementia and ME groups. Our ambition is to grow our visitor numbers from the 5,500 who currently come each year, to 10,000.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Support the Site Officer to develop and deliver the 'Activity Plan' which includes a programme of activities for families, schools, local communities, special interest groups and volunteers;
- Coordinate the work of volunteers and any freelancers who are engaged to deliver activities described in the Activity Plan;
- Maintain ongoing consultation and outreach with local community groups and delivery partners to ensure that KEM sustains good and productive relationships, and that the local community feels an increased sense of ownership of the site;
- Assist with the recruitment, training and coordination of volunteers to help deliver the Activity Plan, recruiting new volunteers and a wider range of volunteers by working in partnership with specialist agencies including Volunteer Cornwall;
- Support the implementation of the evaluation plan including helping to undertake regular surveys, monitoring visitor satisfaction levels and feedback, suggesting areas for improvement and making recommendations KEM Ltd Trustees;
- Support the Site Officer to deliver a fundraising strategy;
- Undertake other activities as required to support the operation of the museum.
FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION, CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday 4 November 2016, at 3pm
Return applications by email to: email@example.com with the subject line 'Participation Officer Application'
Interview date: Wednesday 16 November 2017