Class Teacher - Additional Support for Learning, Croftmalloch Primary School, 22.3, CD 23/10/16
Class Teacher – Additional Support for Learning, Croftmalloch Primary School, 35 hours per week, closing date 23rd October 2016
Croftmalloch Primary School serves the town of Whitburn and the surrounding community. The school sits within the Whitburn Academy cluster. At present, the school roll is 208 pupils in addition to a nursery provision for 20 children in both the morning and the afternoon session. There are 10 classes including composite classes. The management team consists of a Head Teacher and Principal Teacher. We have PE specialist input and a brass instructor for P5 to P7 continue to enhance the learning experiences of our pupils. A committed group of four pupil support workers are a valuable asset to our staff team.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
- Be part of a dynamic team and a learning community which takes a pride in its children and all they can achieve?
- Play an integral part in the support of pupils across the school
- Demonstrate that GIRFEC values are at the heart of your life and work?
- Have very good communication skills, including working with parents and outside agencies?
- work effectively with others as a member of a team at school, cluster and local authority level?
- demonstrate that you have made a positive difference to children’s learning and lives?
- support the Head teacher and leadership team in sharing the vision and ethos of the school
If all this sounds like you, then we want you to be the Support for Learning Teacher of Croftmalloch Primary School.
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential.
This post is considered Regulated Work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scotland Act 2007. From 28 February 2011 preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
22.3 Class Teacher - Additional Support for Learning.pdf