Teacher of ASL (Alford CSN)
6 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Deliver quality education to assigned pupils, by supporting early intervention and prevention with a specific focus on Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Social and Emotional Behaviour Needs, contributing to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
This is a network post. Although the vacancy is for the Alford Network, the hours are currently allocated to Alford Primary School but you may be required to work within the Alford CSN.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Aberdeenshire Council recognises that in order to recruit and retain high quality employees across the organisation it is necessary to have a competitive relocation and resettlement scheme. The purpose of the scheme is to compensate employees for reasonable expenses directly incurred as a result of a change in their primary residence. The change must be wholly or mainly to bring their residence within a reasonable daily travelling distance of the place where they will normally perform their work.
Under the terms of this procedure relocation expenses of up to £8,000 (including vat) will be reimbursed.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. This must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Jane Craik, 01975 564611
- Deliver quality learning and teaching in accordance with 3-18 curriculum guidelines and Aberdeenshire Council policy and guidelines
- Manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
- Develop the attainment and achievement of all pupils by promoting positive outcomes and wider achievement for a diverse range of pupil
- Promote equality of opportunity and ensure a commitment to inclusive education, recognise and respect the views of young people
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- Prepare pupils for examinations, where required, and assist with their administration
- Participate in the professional and collegiate work of the school
- Contribute to the formation and implementation of school and departmental curriculum and improvement plans
- Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in the school
- Operate within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and Development
- Registered with GTC Scotland
- Participation in professional update
- Experience in involvement in whole school developments and the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of current planning and assessment procedures
- Good understanding of national and local curriculum guidelines / policies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, be adaptable and be able to communicate well orally and in written form
- Ability to develop positive professional relationships with colleagues and pupils
- Ability to create a motivating, learning environment and programmes of work, which take account of individual pupil needs
- Committed to working in a collegiate manner and in partnership with parents
- Ability to travel
- Hold or willing to undertake further relevant professional qualification and training in line with GTCS registration
- Experience of mentoring or coaching student or probationary teachers
- Competent in the use of ICT, including application to learning and teaching
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of and interest in current education initiatives
Job Profile Teacher ASL I and P.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf